Tri Dynamic is bringing back its popular Triathlete Testing Days from last year. For 2012 the multisport coaching specialist has teamed up with St Mary’s University College, Twickenham, and some of the best triathlon testing service providers & specialists in the UK. The unique event will give age group triathletes access to the same tests and facilities that pro athletes take each winter to prepare for next season.
There will be a series of these testing days throughout the autumn and winter to allow athletes to track their training and fitness progression, whilst aiming to stay injury free. This will allow athletes to gain even more from the testing events. Feedback from the 2011 Triathlete Testing Days was very positive with athletes seeing immediate advantages…
One athlete explained, “I learnt a huge amount from this day and think I have many specific things to work on that I was previously unaware of, especially regarding running technique and core/muscle weakness. I would recommend a day like this to every triathlete looking to improve performance.”
And another who travelled all the way from Germany said, “I liked the compactness of this event and that each and every element was relevant for me. This was perfect timing, I would do it again next month!”
The first event will take place on 27-28 October. October is an ideal time of the year after the main season to analyse current form, technique and position; and the 2012 Triathlete Testing Days are packed with even more professional services and experts than ever before.
For those about to embark on a triathlon career or looking to step up to Olympic, 70.3 or Ironman racing, the events are an ideal way to learn from several experts and avoid making mistakes that could result in injury or overuse. For those who currently suffer from any recurring or niggling injuries then this could be a perfect opportunity to try and get to the root cause by working with a team of professional experts. Or, for those who have hit a plateau with training, these tests could be the boost needed to keep progressing in triathlon.
Venue: St Mary’s University College, Waldegrave Road, Strawberry Hill, Twickenham, TW1 4SX. Price £239.
St Mary’s Endurance Performance and Coaching Centre (EPACC) was formed by Sport St Mary’s, in partnership with the Virgin London Marathon, and is an England Athletics Coach Development Centre. St Mary’s has attracted Usain Bolt as well as GB athletes Mo Farah, Andy Baddeley, Jemma Simpson, James Brewer and Andrew Osagie… who have all trained there due to the world class facilities.
Participants will receive the following professional services on the day:
- Professional 3D dynamic Retul Bike Fit from Professional Bike Fitter Jonathan Morrison using the same technology as the pro cycling teams Radio Shack, Team Sky, as well as Miranda Carfrae & Craig Alexander. Jonathan has personally fitted pro triathletes including Tamsin Lewis, Nick Saunders, Dion Harrison, Jonathan Hotchkiss and all the Thames Turbo Race Team
- Musculo-Skeletal Physiotherapy Consultation & review from a St Mary’s Sport Senior Physiotherapist who will assess any biomechanical imbalances and recommend strengthening exercises to help keep athletes injury free
- Professional Running Biomechanical Analysis from James Dunne at Kinetic Revolution who coached top age group triathletes including Matt Molloy and Tamsin Lewis
- Functional Threshold Power Test & 60sec max power test with Professional Sports Scientist and T2 Coaching Head Coach Tom Bennett & St Mary’s Biomechanics Physiologist Colin Towey using a power meter to accurately define power & HR zones. This will ensure that an athlete’s training is specific to event/distance and will plot the TSS (training stress score) each session creates. These are the same tests taken by British Cycling
- Professional Sports Massage Therapy Session from TheTriTouch, which specialises in massage therapy for triathletes. The Tri Touch is the Official Massage Therapy Partner of the British Triathlon Federation (BTF), at the World & European Triathlon & Duathlon events as well as the London to Paris Bike Race
- Exclusive offers, incentives and discounts for follow up treatments and appointments
There will also be classroom lectures on the day from Tom Bennett, Professional Sports Scientist & Team T2 Triathlon Coach, on understanding and training with power, as well as from St Mary’s Sport specialists.
Athletes can benefit from all these services under one roof at a heavily discounted rate of £239. The total cost of all the services purchased separately would be £600. There will only be 16 places available (4 per session) over the weekend so early booking is essential to secure a place.
The session times will be as follows: (only 4 slots per session)
- Saturday 27 October 08:30-14:30 (Classroom lectures from 13:00-14:30)
- Saturday 27 October 13:00-19:00 (Classroom lectures from 13:00-14:30)
- Sunday 28 October 08:30-14:30 (Classroom lectures from 13:00-14:30)
- Sunday 28 October 13:00-19:00 (Classroom lectures from 13:00-14:30)
3 July at 12 : 05 PM 0
2 July at 20 : 00 PM 0
2 July at 19 : 47 PM 0
2 July at 19 : 35 PM 0