Co-founder of TYR and former Olympian Steve Furniss and Bloomberg News Reporter Mike Buteau are confirmed as participating on the Olympics and the Business of Triathlon panel of the second annual Triathlon America conference. The second conference from industry association Triathlon America takes place in San Diego, California, on 19-21 February 2012.
Furniss and Buteau join Gale Bernhardt, Michellie Jones and Jimmy Ricciettlo for what is sure to be a memorable discussion on the Olympics and how it effects the business of triathlon. The panel begins at 16:00 PST on Sunday 19 February.
Conference sponsors step forward
More than a dozen companies have stepped up to support the 2012 Triathlon America Conference and help make it a great event for the triathlon business community.
- Platinum sponsors – The Active Network and Competitor Group Inc
- Gold sponsors – Ashworth Awards, Interbike, Ironman, Kimbia, Leslie Jordan Inc, RaceHQ and Life Time Fitness
- Silver sponsors – AB Pro, Always Advancing, Endurance Films, Maxwell Medals, MyLaps Sports Timing, Mike Plant & Associates and Tri-California Events
- Bronze sponsors – Crichton & Partners, EnduraFit and TriTats
Each of the sponsors has a booth at the conference, with information on their products and services.
Triathlon America Awards Celebration
Triathlon America will recognize and honour the best companies, programs and athletes in the triathlon industry at the Second Annual Triathlon America Awards Celebration, presented by Active Network on Monday 20 February. The Awards Celebration is included for all conference attendees. Guest Tickets may be purchased for US$150 per person on the Conference Registration Page.
This year’s awards include:
- Ron Smith Most Valuable Male Triathlete of the Year
- Ron Smith Most Valuable Female Triathlete of the Year
- Retailers of the Year
- Most Innovative Triathlon Products
- Best Published Triathlon Photograph (print or online)
- Best Published Triathlon Written Article (print or online)
Discounts available for Triathlon America Pavilion at Interbike
Triathlon America members will get an 8% discount on the Interbike early bird price booth space by booking their space in the Triathlon America Pavilion by 27 January 2012. The Triathlon America Pavilion features 6200 square feet of exhibit space on Interbike’s main floor. To join with other triathlon brands and save, please contract Paul Banta at Triathlon America via paul[at]triathlon-america.com.
27 March at 18 : 40 PM 0
27 March at 13 : 17 PM 0
27 March at 13 : 32 PM 0
27 March at 13 : 05 PM 0