As noted back in September, due to demand, this year’s Dublin Marathon Expo will have its own dedicated triathlon area: The Tri Zone. The organisers have provided an update on some of the up and coming features of the exciting addition of triathlon to one of Ireland’s leading endurance sports events.
Held on the weekend of 27-28 October 2012, The Dublin Marathon Expo is a free event that each year attracts over 14,000 fitness enthusiasts to the RDS Main Hall in Dublin, Ireland.
Over the 14 years the expo has run triathlon brands have been present at the event; however this will be the very first area dedicated to the growing community of triathlon enthusiasts in Ireland.
The Tri Zone will be held in association with national governing body Triathlon Ireland, who will be on hand to answer any and all triathlon questions that members & non-members may have, as well as all the information on the upcoming 2013 season.
Austraila’s Dr Keith Livingston & London’s Tony Riddle will be the key note speakers on the Triathlon Stage, which will have talks from various experts every hour on a range of subject. These range from:
- How do I get injured and how do I prevent it?;
- Correct form; and more.
Athletes can keep updated on stage times by checking on dublinmarathonexpo.com, which will have all the exclusive news and updates on the expo.
Some of the exhibitors at the show will include:
- The newly launched Science In Sport range in Ireland, which will showcase the sports nutrition brand’s range of award winning gels, powders, bars & supplements. These will also be retailed at the show.
- Ireland’s IrishFit will also be retailing its range of sports gear. IrishFit is a specialist sports equipment and triathlon store delivering running gear and triathlon equipment alongside many other sports.
- Extreme North a new adventure sports company located in Moville in the Inishowen Peninsula, Co Donegal. Inishowen Peninsula, with its amazing scenery, rugged coastlines and rustic landscape is a perfect arena in which to stage adventure sports – offering extreme challenge and amazing scenery in the same breath.
- Aqua Sphere a leading swimming equipment manufacturer for triathlon, swim training, fitness swimming & aquatic exercise. Whether swimming in pools or open water Aqua Sphere gear helps to provide a safe, comfortable swim experience.
- Randox Health Checks will be on hand to administer checks, using cutting edge biochip technology usually reserved for only the most advanced private healthcare systems. Randox can analyse a simple blood sample to give an accurate, fast body health check that will give a precise indicator of true health.
- Endurance Sports Travel can advise on competing in competitions around the world. 6-time Ironman winner Ken Glah founded Endurance Sports Travel to make it an easy and fun way to travel for spectators & athletes.
27 March at 18 : 40 PM 0
27 March at 13 : 17 PM 0
27 March at 13 : 32 PM 0
27 March at 13 : 05 PM 0