Bkool, the Spanish indoor training company, has unveiled two new turbo trainers, including the newest incarnation of its best best-selling smart turbo trainer, the Bkool Smart Pro 2.
Building on the success of the original Smart Pro, and featuring a new, stylish design – the Pro 2 promises an even quieter workout, thanks to a redesigned fan cover. It runs at approximately 68db when rolling at 35kph, weighs in at only 11.6kg and can simulate slopes of up to 20%.
With a claim of being the only smart trainers to simulate inertia, the new Bkool range allows riders to ‘enjoy the momentum of flying down slopes, and feel the burn in their legs when pedalling up hills and mountains… This means that the feeling when riding is close to reality, exceeding most high-end trainers.’
Hot on the heels of the Pro 2 trainer, Bkool has also officially released a teaser for its new direct drive smart trainer, the Smart Air.
Bkool Smart Air
Showcasing a minimalist design, the Air contains the ability to simulate a side-to-side rocking movement – ‘allowing for realistic pedalling motions whether seated or standing, meaning less stress on carbon frames.’
Both the Smart Pro 2 and Smart Air are compatible with ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart, allowing wireless connectivity. There is no assembly or calibration required, and with the machines made up of two pieces, cyclists should be able to simply plug in and play.
“We are extremely excited to be sharing the new Smart Pro 2 trainer, as well as launching our exciting direct drive Smart Air,” said Jorge Serrano, Marketing Director at Bkool. “At Bkool we have a passion for all types of riding, and both the new trainers reflects this. Partnered with our training simulator, they the perfect machines for cyclists to put the training in, and take the winning out.”
As with previous Bkool units, the trainers come with a subscription to Bkool’s virtual trainer software, which allows cyclists to ride any route in a virtual environment, 3D racing, real weather scenarios and take part in virtual velodrome games. Riders will also have the ability to customise and analyse any workout on Bkool’s analytical software.
Bkool Smart Pro 2
- RRP: £499
- Now available, with smart resistance control – the trainer adjusts the resistance automatically according to the route, providing extreme terrain options
- Simulates inertia
- Power: up to 1,200W (20% slope maximum)
- ANT+ & Bluetooth Smart
- Adjustable to wheel sizes (20″-29″)
- Plug & play; no set-up needed
- Compact & light; easy storage, foldable with reduced size and weight (12Kg)
Bkool Smart Air
- RRP: £1099
- Release date: October 2017
- The advanced simulator controls the trainer’s resistance for a real user experience
- Simulates up to 20% gradients
- Only 41 dB at 35 km/h and 51 dB at 50 km/h, making it ‘one of the quietest smart trainers on the planet’
- Accurate up to 2000 watts
- Built-in power meter; measures the watts being generated by the cyclist
- Rocking system – allows the bicycle to move side to side, providing a more realistic pedalling feel
- ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart
Bkool is a technology company that creates interactive and innovative solutions for sports and videogaming. In the field of cycling, it has developed advanced trainers and simulator. The simulator lets cyclists ride routes in 3D alongside other cyclists in different places connected in real time. The company’s 3D World technology ‘simulates any route in the world in 3D and recreates the actual elevation of the terrain and the details in the landscape.’ Its 3D Real Weather technology recreates the weather in real time on any route. Bkool is available in seven languages, including Chinese and Japanese, and distributes its products worldwide.